Absolutely delicious, savory vegan pot pies! I created these in honor of my husband on our anniversary, and he loves them! These tasty, plant-based pot pies are stuffed with nutritious veggies and chickpeas, which will give you a little kick of protein. Chickpeas are a great source of fiber, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Individual Vegan Pot Pie
- 1 batch Coconut Oil Pie Crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 cup broccoli crowns, finely diced
- 2 cups cauliflower crowns, finely diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/3 cup pastry flour
- 4 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour olive oil into a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onions become semi-translucent.
- Pour in water and vegetable bouillon and whisk in flour.
- Add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and chickpeas and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in black pepper, thyme, basil, rosemary, and salt, and simmer until the mixture thickens (roughly 10 minutes).
- While the mixture thickens, prepare vegan Pie Crust.
- Line half-pint mason jars (or other baking dishes) with pie crust.
- Pour mixture into mason jars.
- Cut out piecrust circles to top off the potpies. To do this, simply flip a mason jar upside down and press it firmly into the rolled out pie crust.
- Bake potpies for 30 – 35 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remember, it’s 400°F, so let it cool for roughly 10-15 minutes before consuming.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.