This vegan roasted red pepper sauce is easy to make and is super versatile. You can eat it with pasta or as a delicious plant-based pizza sauce. Tomatoes are an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C and A.
This post contains affiliate links.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- De-stem and de-seed red peppers.
- Cut tomatoes and red peppers in half.
- Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper and spread tomatoes and red pepper halves across baking sheet.
- Bake red peppers and tomatoes for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blend away until creamy.
- Transfer ingredients into a small sauce pan to keep warm.
- Add in garlic, basil, water, salt and ground black pepper. (If you’re using this sauce as a base for pizza, skip the water.)
- Pour over noodles or spread on pizza and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.