Vegan minestrone soup that only has four steps, including eating it! This plant-based soup is light, fresh, and full of healthy veggies. Olive Garden minestrone soup was my inspiration for this vegan soup adventure because I loved it so much growing up.
How to make Vegan minestrone soup
Minestrone is easy to make. The most important part of any vegan soup is the base. This is why I recommend finding a good veggie broth or vegetable bouillon that you really like that is salt-free or at least low sodium. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you can make your own Easy Homemade Vegetable Broth.
First, you’ll want to cut up all the veggies. Second, in half of a cup of water, sautée the onion until it is semi-translucent. Third, add the remaining water, vegetable bouillon, and crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil. Finally, add all remaining ingredients and let simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Yes, minestrone is vegan. Sometimes people add parmesan cheese to it, so you’d want to skip that.
Definitely. This vegan soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Yup! This recipe was 100% inspired by their recipe.
More vegan soup recipes you’ll love
We hope you LOVE this vegan soup recipe! It’s:
& So tasty!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!Print
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This easy vegan minestrone is easy to make and feels like a cozy fall day. It’s packed with veggies, so it is nutrient-dense and filling.
- 8 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14–ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into 1/3 – 1/5 inch slices, and then halved
- 1 cup fresh green beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot, heat half of a cup of water, onion, and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Next, add water, vegetable bouillon, crushed tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy a little taste of Italy!
- When using any kind of canned food, I recommend using organic and salt-free when possible.
- Sometimes I make this soup with noodles; sometimes, I make it without. If you would like to have noodles in it, I recommend cooking them separately. Then, add them directly to your bowl of soup. This way, they won’t get soggy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup, Side, Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan minestrone soup, easy vegan soup, easy minestrone
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.