Vegan rosemary bread – say what!? You heard me! It’s crisp yet fluffy, flavorful, and fresh! This plant-based rosemary bread is to die for! Well, almost. Please don’t die over bread…even though it may be the most delicious bread you’ve ever baked! This simple, 6-ingredient artisan loaf is so easy to make you’ll wish you had discovered it sooner.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Add all dry ingredients to large bowl, adding the yeast last.
- Pour in water and wait a few minutes until the yeast and water start to react – it will start to bubble and fizz baby!
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon or knead with your hands. During this step feel free to add up to 1/2 cup extra flour, a little at a time until dough is barely tacky.
- Form into a large ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Once risen, place dough onto floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it “rest” while the oven and pan heat up.
- Heat oven to 450°F and place empty oven-safe dish into oven while it preheats.
- With your oven ready and your pan warmed, carefully place the dough in it and cover with lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes OR until the outer area is crispy.
- Remove bread from pan and let cool. I know this waiting part is hard, but you can stare at it if you’d like, willing it to cool faster. I promise the wait is worth it.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.