This perfect vegan pie crust is so simple to make that I wish I would have known about it ages ago. Coconut oil is the magic ingredient that brings everything together in this recipe, making a crust of delicious, flaky, melt-in-your-mouth goodness. This dairy-free crust is great for sweet or savory uses! You could use it for your favorite apple pie recipe and just as easily pair it with Jonny’s Veggie Pot Pie.Print
Coconut Oil Pie Crust
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 full pie crust 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, solid
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 5 tablespoons ice-cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Add flour and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Scoop coconut oil into the bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or a fork, blend until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour in 5 tablespoons of ice water and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough to form into a ball.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured piece of parchment paper and flatten it out with your hands.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into the number of pieces required and set aside extra piece(s). (If you are making a standard 9″ pie then divide the dough into two pieces, one slightly larger than the other to line the pie pan, the other for the top.)
- Sprinkle flour on top of the dough.
- Roll dough into a flat circle about 1/8 inch thick. (To prevent sticking, sprinkle more flour over the dough as needed.)
- Line pie pan and fill with the desired filling.
- Repeat step 10 for the remaining piece(s) and place it on top of the pie.
- Bake for 30+ minutes (depending on filling).
This vegan pie crust was adapted from minimalistbaker.com.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dessert, main dish
Keywords: vegan pie dough, vegan pie crust, coconut oil pie dough, coconut oil pie crust
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read ourfull disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.