This refreshing vegan pho is made with lemongrass and ginger. I have mushrooms listed as an ingredient, but if you are a mushroom hater like me, feel free to skip them. I usually add them to my hubby’s bowl. Don’t skip the lemongrass though! It adds an amazing flavor to this lemongrass pho and is a great source of manganese.
Main ingredients in this pho recipe.
- Lemongrass has a distinct citrus flavor containing vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and folate.
- Ginger – This pairs great with lemongrass.
- Rice Noodles – You can’t have vegan pho without noodles.
- Onion – There are few savory recipes in which I don’t include onions.
- Mushrooms are a great source of protein.
- Jalapeño – Adds a little kick to this delicious lemongrass pho.
I would like to acknowledge that lemongrass is not traditionally used in pho. I made this while playing around with different ingredients. Since I’m a fan of lemongrass I added some to this recipe.Print
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic!