Not trying to toot my own horn here, but this plant-based soup is seriously amazing. It’s like spiced cream from heaven. Slurp! On top of being delicious, the coconut milk in this vegan soup also has some impressive health benefits. Coconut milk is known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, help with weight loss, and improve digestion. The addition of coconut milk also allows this soup to be naturally dairy and gluten-free. In other words, you can’t go wrong here.Print
THAI COCONUT CURRY SOUP
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 – 12 SERVINGS 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 13.5 ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 stalks lemon grass cut length wise
- 3 – 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, minced/grated
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Rice noodles (as much as you like! Or you can skip them entirely!)
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is semi-translucent.
- Add water, bouillon, lemon grass, ginger, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne, curry powder and turmeric.
- Add in cubed potatoes and let simmer until soft (10-20 minutes).
- Add in all remaining ingredients and (optional) noodles.
- Cook until noodles are ready.
- Get ready for a little Thai vacation in your mouth!
If you love this flavorful plant-based soup you’ll probably also enjoy this vegan Lemongrass Pho!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
This is one of my favorites! So tasty – warms you right up from the inside out!
Yesssss, so glad you liked it!
I could not believe the explosion of goodness in my mouth with this soup!!!!! I could not stop eating this!! AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!!!!
Yay! I’m so glad you liked it! Slurp!