Not trying to toot my own horn here, but this plant-based soup is seriously amazing. It’s like spiced cream from heaven. Slurp! On top of being delicious, the coconut milk in this vegan soup also has some impressive health benefits. Coconut milk is known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, help with weight loss, and improve digestion. The addition of coconut milk also allows this soup to be naturally dairy and gluten-free. In other words, you can’t go wrong here.
This post contains affiliate links.
Thai Coconut Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 13.5 ounce coconut milk, cans
- 1– 1 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 stalks lemon grass, cut length wise
- 3– 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, minced/grated
- Juice, from 1-2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Rice noodles, as much as you like! Or you can skip them entirely!
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is semi-translucent.
- Add water, bouillon, lemon grass, ginger, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne, curry powder and turmeric.
- Add in cubed potatoes and let simmer until soft (10-20 minutes).
- Add in all remaining ingredients and (optional) noodles.
- Cook until noodles are ready.
- Get ready for a little Thai vacation in your mouth!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.