Vegan chocolate cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting! I created this vegan chocolate cupcake recipe for my nephew’s birthday so they are child-approved too! Perfect for birthdays, holidays, or Mondays.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to make vegan chocolate cupcakes
For this vegan chocolate cupcake recipe, you’ll want to start by preheating the oven to 375°F or 175°C. Second, add all the ingredients for the cupcakes into a large bowl. Thirdly, use a hand mixer to combine thoroughly. Next, pour the chocolate cupcake mixture into a lined muffin pan, filling them to 3/4 full. Finally, bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the frosting, you’ll want to start by heating up the coconut cream. I did this on the stove, but you could microwave it instead. Second, you want to stir in the chocolate chips until they are completely melted. Thirdly, let the chocolate coconut cream mixture sit for 20-30 minutes so that it can cool down and firm up a bit. Once the frosting mixture has cooled and started to firm up, add in the powdered sugar and combine thoroughly using a hand mixer if needed. Finally, frost the cupcakes and enjoy!
You can use any plant milk you like. I would recommend using almond milk, soy, or hemp milk though for texture and consistency.
You can use a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend instead of whole wheat pastry flour.
Store-bought applesauce works great. I would recommend unsweetened applesauce, though.
The Instant Raw Applesauce makes for the perfect egg replacement. In addition, it keeps the cupcakes nice and moist.
Vinegar is magical in baked goods. It reacts with the baking soda causing the cupcakes to be extra fluffy and moist.
You can store them at room temperature (preferably in an air-tight container) for a few days. After that, I recommend refrigerating them.
More Vegan Chocolate Love
We hope you LOVE this vegan chocolate cupcake recipe! It’s:
& SO decadent!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Combine thoroughly with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Pour batter into liners roughly filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan warm coconut cream until melted.
- Turn off heat and add in chocolate chips, stir until melted and well combined.
- Remove from stove and let sit for roughly 20 – 40 minutes, until it cools and firms up a bit.
- Add in powdered sugar and thoroughly combine with a hand mixer.
- Continue to let cool and firm up more if necessary.
- Frost cupcakes! Nom Nom!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.