Look no further than this avocado banana smoothie recipe for the perfect creamy smoothie! Brimming with healthy fats and the natural sweetness of bananas and Medjool dates. It’s a great choice for a healthy breakfast or an afternoon snack. Just one sip, and it’s sure to be your new go-to smoothie!
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s thick and creamy: Just like milkshake recipes, only it’s a healthy smoothie! And because it has such nutritious ingredients, it will leave you fully satisfied too.
- Naturally sweet: There’s no added sugar here, just the naturally sweet flavors from bananas and dates.
- Incredibly nutritious: You’ve got bananas full of potassium. Avocados are full of healthy fats and fiber. Dates with B vitamins that help supply you with lots of energy.
- Super fast: It’s the fastest way to get a boost of nutrition into your day from the very start!
Ingredients + Notes
- Banana: To me, bananas make for one of the most perfect smoothie ingredients. They add a naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture.
I recommend using frozen bananas for a thick creamy smoothie. If you opt for fresh bananas then you will want to add some ice cubes to this smoothie.
- Avocado: Avocados also add a creamy consistency to your smoothies that make it nice and luscious. The mild taste that avocado flesh has is easy to blend with just about anything.
- Hemp Seeds: I adore hemp seeds in my smoothies because I know I’m adding that protein I need and more nutrition. Also, they help make that creamy texture even more pronounced. When you sip this banana avocado smoothie, you would never believe it’s good for you if you didn’t see all these healthy ingredients going into it!
- Dates: If you love sweet things, dates are one of the best ways to naturally sweeten your avocado banana smoothie. Plus, they’re full of fiber and antioxidants, too, making them a better way to sweeten things up.
- Plant Milk: Just because you don’t consume dairy doesn’t mean you can’t make this deliciously creamy treat! Plant milk, it enhances the richness of your smoothie without any dairy. You can use whatever type of milk you like, such as almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or soy milk.
Step-by-step Instructions: How To Make An Avocado Banana Smoothie
1. Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until thoroughly combined. (My favorite high-powered blender for making smoothies is a Vitamix!)
2. Pour into your favorite glasses and add your favorite toppings.
Full Recipe Video
This creamy avocado smoothie recipe is tasty as is. However, maybe you’re looking to add even more good fat, extra fiber, or plant-based protein. In this case, the below additions can add even more nutritional benefits to this healthy avocado smoothie.
- Sweetener: Try maple syrup if you can’t find Medjool dates at your grocery store. You can also add a hint more sweetness with a little vanilla extract.
- Nut Butters: Almond butter or peanut butter would be delicious in this smoothie too!
- Protein: Protein is so important in that morning smoothie to keep you feeling sustained. If you don’t have hemp seeds, you can use chia seeds or flax seeds or add a scoop of protein powder.
- Vegan Yogurt: If you’re out of that plant-based milk, you can throw in your plant-based Greek yogurt instead.
- Chocolate: Since the banana is the most prominent flavor, throwing in some cacao nibs will make it taste like a chocolate banana milkshake. Yum!
- Greens: Throw in a handful of spinach or other leafy greens to sneak more veggies and accentuate the green color of this vegan smoothie.
- Make it a dessert: Add your favorite vegan ice cream (I suggest vanilla) and make this an avocado banana milkshake.
This avocado banana smoothie can really fill you up. You shouldn’t make more than you need because it’s best while fresh. However, any leftovers can go in an airtight container like a mason jar. You can keep it for about 8 hours in your fridge.
Oh yes, this smoothie is so good for you because you’ve got those avocados with healthy fats, vitamins, and other nutrients, plus bananas and their nutritional profile. Along with dates and hemp seeds, this smoothie is brimming with good things to help you power through your day.
Avocado has such a mild taste that it can go with just about anything. In addition to bananas, avocado is also great with strawberries, mangoes, citrus fruits, melons, pineapples, peaches, kiwis, and cranberries.
Avocados not only add more nutrition to your smoothies and fiber that keeps you full. They also make your smoothies creamier in texture without adding any dairy products.
Yes, you must scoop the avocado out of its skin and remove the large pit from the center. The skin of the avocado is not edible.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes
Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ medium avocado, peeled and pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½-1 cup oat milk
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into your favorite glasses and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.