These raspberry scones are my favorite! They are so good; you’ll stuff your face with them! Made with equal parts raw applesauce and maple syrup, they pack just the right amount of sweetness yet at the same time are cane sugar-free. These vegan scones are also made with Himalayan salt, which contains a variety of trace minerals and less sodium than other salts. It’s pretty much the ninja of the salt kingdom.
Why I love this recipe
- Quick and easy to make: This raspberry scone recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make. Ten minutes to prep and only twelve to fifteen minutes to bake.
- Allergy-friendly: This vegan scone recipe calls for whole wheat pastry flour. However, it can be subbed for a gluten-free flour blend.
- Less added sugar: This easy scone recipe is made with equal parts maple syrup and applesauce so it gets it’s sweetness partially from fruit.
- Perfect pairing for tea: I am a huge tea drinker and these scones make for the perfect combo.
What is the secret to making good scones?
There are several tips I can share when it comes to making good scones. First, make sure to not over mix the batter. Using a pastry blender helps to not over mix. Second, make sure that the coconut oil is really cold. The easiest way to do this is to place it in the fridge when you pre-heat the oven. A few minutes later when you’re ready to mix it into the batter it will be perfectly cold.
Main raspberry scone recipe ingredients
Whole wheat pastry flour is what I used for this vegan scone recipe.
Coconut oil really makes these raspberry scones the right consistency.
More vegan scone recipes
We hope you LOVE these raspberry scones! They’re:
& SO delicious!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!Print
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Quick and easy raspberry scones that are vegan and refined sugar-free. They are the perfect amount of moist and flaky all at the same time.
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (cold, NOT melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Instant Raw Applesauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fold in maple syrup, flax egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Using a pastry blender add in cold coconut oil until you’re working with a thick dough. (Don’t over mix!)
- Gently fold in the raspberries until they’re mixed evenly throughout.
- On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch thick all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie!
- Place separated slices onto a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- If you don’t want to make the Instant Raw Applesauce store-bought applesauce works great. I recommend using one that is free from added sugar.
- The dough may seem a little dry, but the raspberries will add the little extra moisture that’s needed. Also, a pizza cutter works great for cutting the scones!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Bake Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: vegan scones, vegan breakfast recipe, raspberry scone recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read ourfull disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.
This sounds great! Mom looooves scones, and her birthday is coming up this February. This will be a nice and healthy alternative to a birthday cake!
Awesome! Let me know how you guys like them!