This açaí berry smoothie is my new favorite smoothie bowl recipe! This vegan smoothie is made with bananas, blueberries, strawberries, and açaí berry powder. Just two tablespoons of açaí berry powder boosts this plant-based smoothie to the top of my list. Did you know that açaí is pronounced ah-sigh-ee?! You learn something new every day.
Main ingredients in this vegan smoothie bowl
- Açaí berry powder or packet are both delicious. However, the açaí berry packets are easier to find in stores, whereas you would want to order the açaí powder online. The benefit of using the açaí berry packet is that it adds to the vegan smoothie’s deep rich color and thickness.
- Bananas are the perfect base for vegan smoothies, especially if they are frozen.
- Blueberries add to the beautiful dark purple color of this vegan smoothie.
- Strawberries along with açaí and blueberries, are rich in antioxidants.
How to make an Açaí smoothie bowl
The key to a nice thick açaí berry smoothie bowl is to use frozen fruit, minimal liquid, and a good quality high-speed blender like a Vitamix. For the açaí portion, you have two options. You can use açaí berry powder or frozen açaí berry packets, which you can find in the freezer section of most big grocery stores. Both options taste delicious. The main difference is the color of the smoothie. For a moody dark smoothie like this one, you want to use a frozen açai berry pack.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes
We hope you LOVE this açaí berry smoothie recipe! It’s:
& SO versatile!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and remember to take a photo and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!Print
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Vegan açai berry smoothie made with blueberries and strawberries. This dairy-free smoothie is filling and refreshing.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons Açaí Berry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 4+ strawberries, sliced
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a beautiful bowl or glass and add toppings.
This recipe makes a little over 3 cups worth of smoothie. This could be three smaller servings, two medium smoothie bowls, or one large one.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink, Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: acai smoothie, vegan smoothie bowl, dairy free acai smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.