Did someone say banana bread scones? Well, no, but yes! This recipe for vegan banana nut scones just so happens to taste like delicious banana bread with a different texture (obviously). These banana scones are packed with potassium from the bananas and protein from the pecans. They are just the right amount of sweet with a little kiss of spice.
How to make good Vegan Banana nut scones?
- Don’t over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will make these vegan scones have more of the consistency of banana bread. (Obviously, that’s not the goal.) Using a pastry cutter/blender or even a fork creates a great consistency for these scones.
- For the best rise possible, refrigerate or even freeze the coconut oil. You want the coconut oil to be really solid.
Using vegan butter is a great alternative to coconut oil. Just make sure it is nice and cold for the best results.
Yup! Make sure to let them cool completely before freezing them. I would also recommend freezing them without the icing.
I personally have not tried them gluten-free yet. However, I am sure that a good gluten-free flour blend would work just fine.
More vegan scone recipes
We hope you LOVE these banana nut scones! They’re:
& SO versatile!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!Print
Banana Nut Scones (Vegan)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Quick and easy banana nut scones that take just 30 minutes to make. These vegan scones are moist, crumbly, hearty, and oh-so-delicious.
- 3/4 cup pecans (Preferably raw or dry roasted with no added salt.)
- 2 1/3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a pastry blender to combine all wet ingredients slowly. Don’t over mix!
- On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch thick all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie.
- Place separated slices onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with Maple Glaze.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: vegan scones, vegan scone recipe, banana nut scones, banana scones
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.