Five-minute, five-ingredient cinnamon glaze for any dessert recipe! Make any dessert more delicious with this heavenly dairy glaze!-free. With simple ingredients, you can convert any cake mix into a masterpiece. Alternatively, drizzle it on my Easy Pumpkin Spice Scones Recipe, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, cookies, homemade donuts, and so much more!
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s easy: All you need are a few ingredients to make this smooth glaze to add to your favorite desserts and breakfast treats! No hand mixer is needed. Just a whisk!
It’s plant-based: So many recipes for glaze call for a cup of milk, but this one is made with non-dairy milk, allowing everyone to enjoy it.
It goes great on everything: Once you make it, you’re going to be looking for excuses to pour this amazing glaze on top of everything!
Ingredients + Notes
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar stabilizes your glaze and gives it that thicker texture to keep it from merely soaking into your goodies or rolling off the top.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon gives it that sweet hint of spice that brings out the best in your treats. You could also swap the cinnamon for pumpkin spice flavor. Or even make a maple cinnamon glaze or a vanilla glaze.
- Plant Milk: Most glaze recipes call for milk or heavy cream. If you’re vegan or dairy-free, this recipe is one you’ll love, made with the plant milk of your choice.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract makes the glaze have that perfectly balanced sweetness.
- Salt: And for good measure, just a touch of salt will keep the sweetness from being too overpowering, allowing it to enhance rather than override your desserts.
Step-by-step Instructions: How To Make Cinnamon Glaze
1. Add dry ingredients to a small bowl and thoroughly combine.
2. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk together until clumps are gone. (No need for an electric mixer.)
3. Drizzle over scones, cinnamon rolls, pumpkin spice waffles, or other delicious creations.
This new recipe is delightful, but if you want to jazz it up a bit, consider the following.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: Vegan cream cheese would take this glaze to a different level. Making it extra creamy and, of course, taste like cream cheese. Add one tablespoon of cream cheese at a time, stirring it in with a wooden spoon until you reach your desired taste and texture.
- Maple Syrup: Real maple syrup would give this vegan glaze recipe a maple undertone. How delightful!
- Brown Sugar: If you want to deepen the color of this glaze to a darker golden brown, then brown sugar can easily accomplish this. Add one tablespoon of brown sugar at a time to the mixing bowl until you reach the perfect color.
What To Drizzle This Tasty Glaze On
- Cinnamon Rolls: Whether you make your own cinnamon rolls or you want to give a canned version a homemade touch, this delicious cinnamon glaze is perfect!
- Bundt Cake: Even a Betty Crocker cake mix can taste like it’s baked from scratch. If you put it in a Bundt pan and then top it with this glaze, it can become the perfect moist cake.
- Scones: My easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Scones features this cinnamon glaze on top. It’s the perfect complement to that pumpkin flavor.
- Muffins: Bring out the best in your muffins by finishing them off with a drizzle of glaze just before serving.
- Donuts: Nothing beats glazed donuts, and this cinnamon flavor, will add another layer of flavor.
- Pancakes: Convert pancakes into a cinnamon roll-style of flavors and give them this glaze.
- Waffles: Imagine this delightful glaze trapped in all those little squares, bringing more flavor in every bite.
- Oatmeal: Liven up a healthy breakfast with this sweet addition!
- Pumpkin spice desserts: Anything with pumpkin puree and a pumpkin spice flavor is a match for this glaze!
- Pie Crust: Now, this may be a surprising one, but who doesn’t love the scrap pieces of pie crust? Next time you have some extra pie crust on hand, bake it on a baking sheet. Once cooled, drizzle this glaze on top. Or if you’re feeling really adventurous, just dip them in the glaze!
Because this glaze contains plant-based milk, which needs to be refrigerated, you should put it in the fridge. Make sure to use an airtight container for the best results!
This goes for anything topped with the glaze too. Store them in an airtight container. If you are going to enjoy them in a short period of time, plastic wrap or wax wrap would suffice.
You can store the glaze separately and add it to your individual servings as desired. Make sure you use it within 4 days!
This cinnamon glaze is made from powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, plant milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
You should always wait just a teensy bit before you ice your cinnamon rolls with this glaze or any glaze. About 5 to 10 minutes is ideal. If you don’t wait and try to pour the glaze on them while they’re hot out of the oven, it will ooze off the tops. If the cinnamon rolls are just warm, though, the glaze will spread easily and set beautifully.
If your glaze is too runny, just add more powdered sugar. Do so a little at a time until you get the consistency you want.
Neither! Donuts, like cinnamon rolls, should be warm rather than hot or cold when you apply the glaze. This will give you the best results!
More Delicious Recipes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 teaspoons almond milk (or your plant milk of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk together until clumps are gone.
- Drizzle over scones, cinnamon rolls, pumpkin spice waffles, or other delicious creations.
For a sugar-free alternative, you could use Monkfruit Powdered Sugar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: whisk
Keywords: glaze, vegan dessert, dessert topping
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.
Such a simple yet tasty recipe! I love that it can be used on so many different vegan desserts too.
So glad you like it Amber!