Sweet, thick, and satisfying, this easy blueberry banana smoothie recipe has it all. The sweet flavors unite to make a delicious vegan smoothie to serve for an easy breakfast. This banana blueberry smoothie is full of great nutrients like vitamin C, antioxidants, healthy fats, and more! Ready to start your day off in the best way possible?
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s delicious: What’s not to love about bananas and blueberries? In my opinion, they go together better than peas and carrots.
- Perfect Healthy Breakfast: It’s quick and easy to make, and nutrient-packed. Does it get better than that?
- It’s nutritious: With a simple roster of ingredients that do your body right, you will be on your way to eating more nutritiously by starting your day off with this blueberry banana smoothie!
Ingredients + Notes
- Bananas: Naturally sweet and creamy. Bananas make for the base of this smoothie. They also give you the potassium you need.
I recommend using frozen bananas. It’s the perfect way to ensure a thick and creamy delicious smoothie. Fresh bananas work well if you don’t have any frozen bananas on hand. You may want to add a handful of ice cubes to your high-speed blender to add some chill, though.
- Blueberries: Sweet and tart, fresh blueberries, or frozen wild blueberries add a roster of antioxidant powers that make it such a super fruit. Plus, they have such a pretty color that will entice you to drink every last drop of this smoothie.
When making any easy smoothie recipe, I always opt to use frozen fruit, berries, veggies, etc., whenever possible. This will make for the best thick smoothies.
- Hemp Seeds: Hemp seeds provide protein that will make you feel satiated. And as a side bonus, they also help make this blueberry banana smoothie even creamier.
- Plant Milk: Use your favorite non-dairy milk such as oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, unsweetened almond milk, or even light coconut milk to get the texture just the way you want it!
I usually have unsweetened almond milk or oat milk on hand, so that’s what I use.
Step-by-step Instructions: How To Make A Blueberry Banana Smoothie
1. Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend thoroughly.
2. Pour the smoothie into a glass.
3. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Feel free to build on this banana berry smoothie recipe or swap things out to your liking. You can add additional ingredients or simply add them as a topping for a little flair.
- Nut butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, or peanut butter are always a nice addition to a smoothie. The flavors will pair beautifully together!
- Vegan Yogurt: Opt for plain yogurt, vegan Greek yogurt, or vanilla Greek yogurt. Any of these will make this more like a decadent treat in texture and taste, so you can’t go wrong.
- Seeds: If you don’t have hemp hearts, flax seeds, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, or pumpkin seeds are my go-to.
- Mixed berries: If you don’t have fresh or frozen blueberries on hand, mixed berries will work too.
- Protein Powder: Looking to add more plant protein to your smoothie? Nuts and seeds are a great place to start. A scoop of protein powder works well too. I’m a big fan of Vivo Life Perform Vegan Protein Powder.
This blueberry banana smoothie is best when you enjoy it fresh-made. That said, if you simply can’t finish it all, seal it in a mason jar and store it in your fridge. Make sure you drink it within 24 hours, so it doesn’t go to waste.
When it comes to blueberries in smoothies, they are like little rock stars! They are low in both calories and fat and have a high fiber content. That fiber can help you stay full, preventing you from snacking unnecessarily. Additionally, blueberries are rich in vitamin C, so they are an excellent choice for any smoothie.
Blueberries and bananas make a dynamic duo that can provide that assist to helping you lose weight. There’s no magic here. It’s just that both blueberries and bananas are great for filling you up. When you feel full, you won’t eat more than you need to, and you will power through your day more efficiently. Drink this blueberry banana smoothie and you’ll eat less, hence start seeing the scale shift in the direction of your goals.
Blueberries are definitely great with bananas. But they can also pair well with strawberries, raspberries, cherries, apricots, apples, lychees, blackberries, and even avocados.
No, they don’t lose any nutrients when they are blended into your smoothies. You’re not cooking them, merely redistributing them in your high speed blender. In fact, it’s a way to get even more blueberries into your daily intake since you can blend up so many of them.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend it up!
- Pour into an aesthetically pleasing cup with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.