These delicious vegan applesauce waffles are easy to make. Made with raw homemade applesauce and cinnamon, these waffles come out crispy, moist, and nicely spiced all at the same time. On top of adding delicious spices to your plant-based breakfast, cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, such as polyphenols.
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy and Convenient: This recipe is a testament to the beauty of simplicity in the kitchen. With minimal ingredients and straightforward instructions, it’s perfect for busy mornings or a leisurely weekend brunch.
- Versatile and Customizable: Whether topped with fresh berries, a dollop of almond butter, or a sprinkle of cinnamon, these waffles are a blank canvas for your favorite healthy toppings.
- Kid-Friendly and Approved: Watch the smiles spread as even the little ones enjoy these waffles. Their sweet flavor and fluffy texture make them a hit among all age groups. If you’re looking for a kid-friendly side to pair with these tasty waffles, try these healthy hash browns!
Applesauce Waffle Serving Ideas
Wondering what to serve with your plant-based breakfast? This applesauce waffle recipe is so versatile that you would almost have a more challenging time finding a breakfast item that didn’t pair well with them! Saying that, I don’t think hash browns would be my first choice but each to their own, haha.
When hosting, my favorite way to serve waffles is by serving the toppings in the middle of the table. This family-style dining gets everyone excited about creating their own unique combination of flavors to pair with their vegan waffles.
My all-time favorite waffle toppings include:
- Chopped banana
- Dusting of cinnamon
- Nut butter (the runnier, the better!)
- Maple syrup
- Sautéed apples
- Leftover applesauce
- Plant-based yogurt
- Chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Take this plant-based breakfast to the next level by serving up these insanely tasty drinks to wash down these vegan waffles. My top recommendations would be a refreshing orange, grapefruit, and rosemary-infused water for summer or in colder months; how about a seasonal spiced chai latte. If you are looking for a drink that is a little more filling, I urge you to try out my date me banana smoothie recipe. If you have a busy day ahead, this smoothie and waffle combo will easily keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
No FOMO – What To Do Without A Waffle Maker
If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can 100% make this vegan applesauce waffle recipe into pancakes. Either way, I’m sure you’ll love them!
If you opt to make this applesauce waffle recipe as pancakes, you can cook them on a skillet or a griddle.
Coat your pan of choice in cooking spray and bring it to medium heat. Pour your vegan waffle mix onto pan forming whatever size pancakes you like. Flip them over when bubbles appear on the surface and cook until golden brown.
I reckon once you try this recipe, you’ll be so addicted to waffles you might just ‘accidentally’ add a waffler maker to your cart next time you check out.
More Plant-BAsed Breakfast Recipes
We hope you LOVE this applesauce waffle recipe! It’s:
& Oh-so tasty!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and remember to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!
Vegan Applesauce Waffles
- Preheat: Let the waffle iron preheat.
- Mix: Place all of the dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Combine: Pour in almond milk, applesauce, and maple syrup and thoroughly combine using a hand mixer or a spoon if you want an arm workout.
- Scoop: Spray waffle iron with avocado oil spray and scoop about half of a cup of the batter into the waffle iron.
- Cook: Close waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions (mine takes about 4 – 5 minutes per waffle.
- Enjoy: Top with fresh berries and delicious maple syrup.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.