Easy vegan lasagna recipe that is delicious and nutritious! Made with homemade dairy-free ricotta cheese, zucchini, and yellow summer squash, it’s hard to beat! This healthy vegan lasagna is perfect for summer when zucchini is ripe on the vine. I made this plant-based dinner recipe with zucchini and yellow summer squash straight from the garden. It doesn’t get fresher than that!
Table of contents
This post contains affiliate links.
Is Vegan Lasagna Healthy?
This easy vegan lasagna recipe is made with the freshest ingredients. Zucchini’s and yellow summer squash are both good sources of potassium, vitamin C, and B6. They are both low in calories, which brings a nice balance to the calorically dense vegan ricotta cheese.
The homemade cashew ricotta cheese is a healthy plant-based fat. Cashews are a good source of protein, copper, manganese, and magnesium! Who knew?
One serving of this easy vegan lasagna contains 17.5g of protein (35% DV), 14.4g of fat (18% DV), and 46.6g carbohydrates (17% DV). That’s a pretty good balance if you ask me!
How To Make Vegan Zucchini Lasagna
This vegan lasagna recipe uses freshly picked zucchini, yellow summer squash, homemade cashew ricotta cheese, lasagna noodles, and your favorite marinara sauce.
Step By Step Instructions
1. Boil water in a large pot and add noodles. Cook until al dente.
2. Drain noodles, rinse in cold water, and separate them, placing them on a moist tea towel.
3. Cut noodles into thirds (width-wise), making (roughly) 3 small squares out of each noodle.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
6. Add one noodle square to the tumbler, pushing it down into the bottom, and add another tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
7. Spread ricotta on both sides of a piece of zucchini and on both sides of a slice of yellow summer squash, sandwich together those two pieces (creating a ‘squash sandwich’), and place in the tumbler.
8. Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
9. Add one noodle square to the tumbler, pushing it down into the ‘squash sandwich’.
10. Repeat steps 6 – 8 until the tumbler is full.
11. Dollop a teaspoon (or more) of ricotta on top and place tumblers on a cookie sheet.
`12. Cover the top of the tumblers with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
13. Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
14. Sprinkle freshly cut chives on top and enjoy!
More Vegan Dinner Recipes
I hope you LOVE this healthy vegan lasagna recipe It’s:
& SO satisfying!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and remember to take a pic and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.