This grapefruit-infused water recipe with fresh rosemary is simply refreshing. It takes just 5 minutes to make, leaving you plenty of time for everything else.
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple Ingredients: Simple ingredients and easy to make. Does it get better than that? Yup! This easy drink recipe only takes 5 minutes to make.
- Refreshing: This simple infused water recipe will put a pep in your step! I’m not sure about you, but citrus fruit like grapefruit always wakes me right up!
- Entertain!: This refreshing drink is perfect for summer barbecues to Fall dinner parties filled with good conversation.
- Hydration: Drinking infused water is a great way to increase your water intake by making it naturally flavorful!
What Is Infused Water?
Infused water is a combination of regular water with fresh fruit, vegetables, and/or herbs. This recipe includes water, grapefruit, and rosemary.
There are many other popular combinations, though, such as cucumber lime, blueberry lemon, and mint cucumber. There are pretty much an unlimited number of combinations of fruit, veggies, and herbs, though, so let your imagination run wild!
Ingredients + Notes
A beautiful part of making grapefruit water is the simplicity of the ingredients.
- Grapefruit: I recommend using pink grapefruit when possible over other varieties like ruby red grapefruit. It is the most naturally sweet grapefruit variety, so you may find you can skip the sweetener when using this fresh fruit.
- Rosemary: Fresh herbs like sprigs of rosemary can add a lot of depth to infused water.
- Water: I recommend using cold water over room temperature water to reduce the number of ice cubes needed. Additionally, filtered water is always a good choice.
Step-By-Step Instruction: How To Make Grapefruit Water
Making infused water at home has never been easier. Throw the ingredients into a large pitcher and let it sit!
1. Add all ingredients into a large glass pitcher (including the grapefruit peel) and stir vigorously.
2. Pour over ice and enjoy!
This infused grapefruit water recipe is tasty and refreshing as is. However, if you feel like you want to change things up a bit, feel free!
- Sweetener: Some may want to add a dash of sweetener to this infused water recipe since grapefruit can be tart. For this, I recommend a liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or agave.
- Grapefruit: For this recipe, I used a pink grapefruit. This recipe will be just as tasty with whatever variety you can find at your local grocery store. In addition, you could also use half of a grapefruit instead of a whole grapefruit to lessen the strength of this infused water recipe.
Infused Water Storage Tips
Infused water is delicious fresh or after being stored in the fridge.
Store in an airtight glass bottle or ball jar for 3-5 days.
I don’t recommend freezing infused water. However, when you are finished with your grapefruit water, you could take the grapefruit, rosemary sprigs, and fresh water and turn that into plenty of ice for your next batch of infused water.
Grapefruit Water FAQ
Of course! Adding grapefruit to your water really jazzes things up. If you are trying to increase your water intake, making infused waters is a good way to accomplish this.
You want to wait at least 30 minutes before enjoying a glass of infused water. However, waiting at least three hours is a great way to ensure that you avoid the taste of plain water.
Yes, grapefruit water is good for you. Grapefruit has been shown to be great for your immune system!
Yes, and no. It depends on what kind of fast you are participating in. Some fasts allow for water intake, and others do not. If the fast you are participating in allows the consumption of water, then most likely no, grapefruit water won’t break your fast.
However, if you are participating in a fast that prohibits the intake of water, then yes, drinking grapefruit water would break your fast.
More Refreshing Drinks Recipes
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
- Pomegranate Smoothie
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Fresh Ginger Lemonade
- Easy Limeade Recipe
- Beet Lemonade
Grapefruit Water Recipe
- 6 cups water, cold
- 1 grapefruit, washed and sliced
- 1-2 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Add all ingredients into a large glass pitcher (including the grapefruit peel) and stir vigorously.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.