Easy, five-ingredient ginger lemonade recipe. This delicious homemade lemonade is the perfect healthy drink for warm weather or even those cold winter months; we don’t discriminate. In summer, this ginger lemonade drink is delicious over ice. It might just become your favorite drink in winter by drinking it hot.
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple: This ginger lemonade recipe calls for simple ingredients. Who doesn’t love that?
- Quick & Easy: It’s ready in just five to ten minutes!
- Refined Sugar-Free: This ginger lemonade drink uses maple syrup instead of simple syrup or cane sugar, so it is refined sugar-free.
Ingredients & Notes
- Lemon juice – Using fresh lemon juice from organic lemons is ideal. If you want to lean into sweetness, you could use Meyer lemons instead of the traditional larger lemons, though.
- Water – Using filtered water is ideal. However, plain tap water works just fine if that’s not an option. Using room temperature water can help everything integrate thoroughly.
- Maple syrup – This is the perfect natural sweetener if you ask me. Alternatively, depending on your dietary requirements, you could use agave nectar or raw honey.
- Ginger root – Fresh organic ginger is the way to go.
- Mint – Adding fresh mint leaves, rosemary, or your favorite herb to each glass of this ginger lemon drink adds something extra.
How do you make ginger lemonade?
1. Squeeze lemons to make one and a half cups of lemon juice.
2. Pour freshly squeezed lemon juice, water, and maple syrup into a large pitcher and stir thoroughly.
3. Add tart lemon slices, ginger slices, and ice cubes to the serving glasses.
4. Pour this ginger lemonade drink into each glass and top with fresh mint leaves or your favorite fresh herb.
Ginger Lemonade Nutrition
Packed with the zing of fresh ginger, known to treat nausea, improve osteoarthritis, lower blood sugar, lower cholesterol, and reduce menstrual pain. This ginger lemonade drink is a great source of vitamin C containing 23% of your daily value (DV). In addition, it is a good source of vitamin B2, accounting for 15% of your DV.
FAQ + Tips
Did you know there is a simple trick to getting more lemon juice out of lemons?
Before you cut your lemons in half, place them on the counter. One at a time, roll your lemons out. Place one lemon between the counter and the palm of your hand and roll the lemon back and forth, pushing down a bit.
This pressure and motion will loosen the lemon juice up a bit, allowing you to get more from each lemon.
Most definitely. Raw ginger has a spicy kick, and many health benefits, so eat up!
More Easy Lemonade Recipes
- Classic Lemonade
- Lemonade Popsicles
- Bold Beet Lemonade
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Pumpkin Lemonade
- Cranberry Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, fresh squeezed (about ten lemons)
- 5 cups water
- 1/3+ cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- fresh mint leaves , lemon slices, ginger slices, (optional)
- Pour ingredients into a pitcher and stir thoroughly.
- Add ice cubes, extra ginger slices, lemon slices, and fresh mint (or another herb of choice) to drinking glasses.
- Pour fresh ginger lemonade into glasses and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.