This easy, 3-ingredient lime juice recipe is a little taste of summertime heaven! Whether you’re lounging at the pool or on your patio, this sweet limeade drink is sure to refresh you. It’s made with maple syrup, so it is simple syrup free! (That also means it’s refined sugar-free.) #winning
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s Refreshing: This simple, fresh lime juice recipe is the perfect refreshing drink.
- Ready in minutes!: Even with fresh, pure lime juice, this recipe takes minutes!
- Simple Ingredients: Simple ingredients can often make for the best healthy drink.
Ingredients + Notes
This easy summer drink recipe calls for simple ingredients that are easily found at any grocery store.
- Lime Juice: I recommend making fresh lime juice with fresh whole limes. To pick the best juicy limes, opt for fresh limes that are a little soft. In addition, prior to juicing them, you can roll them between your hand and a hard surface such as your countertop, which will loosen the juice.
- Water: This recipe includes water and is also enhanced with ice cubes.
- Maple Syrup: I am a big fan of using maple syrup as a sweetener.
Step-by-step Instructions: How to Make Lime Juice
This limeade recipe consists of just three simple ingredients – limes, water, and maple syrup.
1. Squeeze the fresh lime juice from 10-12 limes to make 1 1/4 cup lime juice.
2. Pour 1 1/2 cups of lime juice, 5 1/2 cups of cold water, and 1/3 cup of maple syrup into a pitcher and stir.
3. Pour into glasses over ice and add a slice of lime (or more!) to each cup.
*I do prefer my lime juice on the tart side. If you prefer a sweeter limeade, then add additional maple syrup one tablespoon at a time until you have reached your preferred sweetness level.
This easy lime drink recipe is great on its own, but there are easy ways to jazz it up too!
- Lime slices: Add lime slices or lime wedges to the pitcher or to each glass.
- Lime zest: This is another great addition to this easy recipe. Simply add fresh lime zest to the pitcher and stir it in or add some to each cup of lime juice.
- Alternative Sweetener: I’m a fan of maple syrup, but if you don’t have that on hand, you’re welcome to use agave syrup. If you are looking to consume less sugar, then I would recommend using stevia or monk fruit sugar.
- Store-bought lime juice: I am a huge fan of using fresh limes. That being said, if you can’t find fresh limes or they aren’t cost-effective, an organic lime juice works great too.
- Mint Leaves: Mint leaves are a great addition to this perfect drink. Other fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, are also a beautiful addition to this homemade lime juice recipe.
A great way to store this perfect drink is in a half-gallon glass jar in the fridge for 3-4 days. (An airtight container will keep it fresh longer.)
Alternatively, simply storing it in a pitcher with a lid works as well. Alternatively, you could pour any extra limeade into a freezer-safe container and save it for another day.
There are about two tablespoons of juice per lime or about 30 milliliters.
You can definitely make this homemade limeade sugar-free. The best option for that would be to use stevia or monk fruit sugar.
Yes, homemade lime juice is good for you. It is an excellent source of vitamin c as well as a great source of antioxidants.
More Refreshing Drinks
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.