Easy, plant-based sandwich bread for all! Did you know that back in the day the majority of bread was vegan? Yes, it’s true. Companies have added this and that over the years and complicated what was once a simple recipe, turning it into nutritionless white stuff that is somehow still considered “food.” Let’s take it back to the roots. This is a super simple, 5 ingredient recipe for a fluffy loaf of vegan bread that is crunchy in all the right places. And hey, you can even pronounce all the ingredients!
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients, adding the olive oil and water last.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon or your hands. During this step, you may want to add up to a 1/2 cup extra of flour a little at a time until dough is barely tacky.
- Form into a large ball and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rise at room temperature for a minimum of 10 hours.
- After allotted time has passed, place dough onto a floured surface and with floured hands form the dough into a ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap or a towel and let it take a nap.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place empty oven-safe dish into oven while it preheats.
- Once oven is preheated and oven-safe pan is warmed, carefully remove pan and place the dough in it, then cover with lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for 5 more minutes OR until the outer area is crispy.
- Remove bread and let cool.