Almond cream cheese?! Say what?! This easy, 6 ingredient vegan spread is naturally dairy and gluten-free, so all can enjoy its creamy goodness. The almonds have to soak for about 8 hours and the cheese has to strain for about 8 hours, but it doesn’t take too much of your actual time to make. And trust me, all that soaking and straining is worth the wait!
This post contains affiliate links.
Almond Cream Cheese
- 1 cup almonds, raw
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 8 hours.
- Add all of the ingredients into your food processor and blend away.
- Lay cheesecloth or nut milk bag in a bowl and scoop your magnificent creation into it. Pull cloth corners together and twist. Tie cloth with a rubber band, close to the ball of almond cheesy goodness.
- Set onto a strainer and place the strainer over a bowl. (The goal of this is to let any extra liquid seep out.)
- Place in the fridge for 2+ hours (until the majority of the liquid has seeped out).
- Heat oven to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes.
- It's ready! Serve over your favorite crackers or toast!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.