This zesty hummus without tahini is a healthy snack that’s sure to put a pep in your step, and it doesn’t even call for tahini! Instead, this lemon hummus gets its spunk from freshly squeezed lemon juice and chili powder.
- Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans. They are packed with nutrients making this a very healthful vegan snack.
- Lemon juice is essential for this recipe. I mean, it is lemon hummus, after all. I recommend fresh-squeezed, but there are some great options at the store where you can buy a bottle of organic fresh-squeezed lemon juice (not lemonade). This will be a good alternative option if you don’t keep lemons on hand.
- Avocado oil adds more delightful creaminess to this easy hummus recipe.
Easy Hummus recipe tip
If you are hoping for thick creamy hummus (who isn’t?), then I strongly recommend using freshly cooked chickpeas instead of canned chickpeas. Cooked chickpeas are much softer, making them perfect for this lemon hummus recipe. If canned chickpeas are all you have on hand, I recommend rinsing them thoroughly and then boiling them for 15-20 minutes (until you see their skin start to separate). This will help soften them and make your hummus that much creamier.
I hope you love this zesty hummus recipe! It’s:
Quick & Easy
& Insanely satisfying
If you try this lemon hummus recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!
Hummus Without Tahini
- Combine: Throw all ingredients into a food processor or blender and get your blend on! Add additional avocado oil if desired consistency is yet to be acquired.
- Serve with toasted bread, pitas, or even corn chips!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links, at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.