This vegan light dhal is simply divine. Loaded with lentils, this plant-based dhal is packed with protein and full of potassium, calcium and zinc. This vegan dish is also sugar and gluten-free, so all can dig in.
This post contains affiliate links.
Red Lentil Dal
- Cook lentils in medium pot with water until they are soft (about 15 minutes).
- In a separate pot, heat olive oil and cook ginger, garlic and onion until onion is semi-translucent.
- Pour in water and add turmeric, coriander, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add in cooked lentils.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes to let spices soak into lentils and then serve over rice!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.