Got veggies? If so, here’s the perfect vegan vegetable soup recipe! This vegan veggie soup recipe is fully loaded making it hearty, filling, and nutritious. It makes for the perfect vegan dinner staple or as an appetizer to the main course.Print
Vegan Vegetable Soup
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Fully loaded vegan vegetable soup that is hearty and filling. Enjoy it as your dinner or as an appetizer.
- 6 1/2 cups water & vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced (1/4 inch (or smaller) pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup great northern beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot, half of a cup of water, onion, garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add remaining water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
Feel free to use canned Great Northern Beans and/or tomatoes if you want to save a bit of time. Buy organic with NO added salt if possible.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup, Appetizer, Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable soup, vegan vegetable soup,