Got veggies? If so, here’s the perfect vegan vegetable soup recipe! This vegan veggie soup recipe is fully loaded making it hearty, filling, and nutritious. It makes for the perfect vegan dinner staple or as an appetizer to the main course.
Vegan Vegetable Soup
- 6 1/2 cups water & vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced (1/4 inch (or smaller) pieces)
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into 1 inch sized cubes
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup great northern beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot, half of a cup of water, onion, garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add remaining water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.