This easy falafel recipe is so delicious, you are going to wish you made a double batch. Trust me, during the process of cooking them and eating them while cooking them, you’ll wish you made a double batch to begin with. These vegan falafels are made with the traditional ingredient of chickpeas, so they are packed with plant-based protein and are naturally gluten and dairy-free!
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 – 6 SERVINGS 1x
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3–4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add chickpeas to a food processor and blend until well-mashed, but still a little on the chunky side.
- Transfer chickpeas to a large bowl and add parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, cumin, black pepper, turmeric, salt and coriander and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add in flour a little at a time and stir. (The goal of the flour is to soak up a bit of the moisture.)
- Mold mixture into small balls and then flatten.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to a large pan and heat over medium.
- Once the oil is hot, add 4-8 falafels to pan (as many as will fit and still leave room for flipping, because these guys love to flip).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side and flip when the underside is golden brown.
- Serve warm with hummus or creamy garlic sauce.
These are absolutely delicious with the Creamy Garlic Sauce drizzled on top!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes