It’s a fall day, and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies just sound good, don’t they? Or it’s the middle of summer, and you long for the day you can bundle up in flannel by the fire and gorge on hot chocolate and cookies (does that happen to you, or is it just me?) No matter the season, this vegan pumpkin cookie recipe makes for a delicious dessert. Pumpkin is high in fiber and vitamin A, so no need to limit yourself to just one.
Table of contents
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You Need To Try These Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- This dairy-free pumpkin cookie recipe combines every element of fall from the star ingredient pumpkin to the nutty almond flour to the seasonal spices and the caramelly maple syrup.
- Only one bowl for mixing = minimal mess. Hell yes!
- From batter to baked perfection in just 12 minutes.
- No FOMO with these egg-free and dairy-free pumpkin cookies – great for anyone with allergies to lactose or eggs.
- Lastly, the cookies are frickin’ ORANGE! If that’s not a reason to love these I don’t know what is.
How To Make Perfect Cookie Dough Rounds
Ever wondered what the trick to perfectly even round cookie dough balls could be? Here is my (now worst-kept) secret.
For these dairy-free pumpkin cookies, use a round ice cream scoop to measure out a uniform amount of dough for each cookie. If they are still a little misshapen, you roll the dough in your hands to round off it out before placing the balls on the silicone baking sheet or parchment paper. That’s the secret, an ice cream scoop. You’re welcome. 😉
- If the dough is particularly difficult to shape, it may help to refrigerate the batter for 20 minutes before rolling.
- Roll with cold hands. Simply run your hands in cold water for 15 seconds and dry before molding your dough.
Extra Aesthetic Points
Here’s how to make your dairy-free pumpkin cookies even more aesthetically pleasing:
- After you position your cookie dough rounds on the baking paper, press a few chocolate chips into the top of the dough. This ensures the chocolate chips are front and center when you remove them from the oven. Plus, who doesn’t want more chocolate?
- Add a tiny pinch of the course salt to the top of the cookies immediately after removing them from the oven. This will not only bring out the sweetness of the cookies but also gives them that ‘pro food blogger’ look.
- When serving these cookies to guests, always ensure to plate them up nicely. For example, pair warm vegan chocolate chip pumpkin cookies with vegan vanilla ice cream or a scoop of soy cream topped with a light dusting of cinnamon.
Why Is Pumpkin Spice Is So Popular?
Pumpkin in fall is nothing new, but what even is pumpkin spice, and how has it become such a buzzword in the last few years?
You’ll probably recognize pumpkin spice from the infamous Starbucks pumpkin spice latte (PSL). Every year there are record numbers of PSL sales as people flock to coffee shops to get their PSL fix.
This trend has progressed beyond coffee and into baking. And for a good reason!
Pumpkin spice is typically a blend of the classic warming fall/winter spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves, and sometimes allspice. Combine these seasonings with the comforting pumpkin, and you have a winning combination of ingredients that could win you a trophy in any bake-off.
The reason we adore this flavor combination so much is likely because it’s so seasonal. The limited-edition nature of pumpkin spice, and pumpkins in general, gives us that urgency and that ‘must have’ feeling when it returns.
The spice mix also works well in baking as each spice really shines in the baking, and no flavor is lost in the mix.
Whether you associate pumpkin spice with holiday nostalgia or just enjoy the taste, this is not a combo you want to miss out on this year.
More Pumpkin Recipes
We hope you LOVE these vegan chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. They’re:
Easy to make
& SO satisfying!
If you try this vegan pumpkin cookie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and remember to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.