This beet lemonade is the perfect vegan drink for any winter party (even if it’s a party of one). It’s made with Love Beets Organic Beet Juice as well as their ready-to-eat Organic Cooked Beets (they might convert your non-beet loving friends and fam into beet lovers) seriously).
Table of contents
*This is a sponsored post for Love Beets. All information and opinions shared are my own.
Why Love Beets?
Love Beets are made at their own state-of-art-production facility in Rochester, New York, with the majority of their beets being grown nearby in upstate New York. This is important to me because many companies (if not most) have their food produced in third-party facilities giving them less control over their product. In contrast, when it’s produced in-house, you get complete oversight and control, creating higher quality products for you to enjoy. Having the majority of their beets grown nearby also leads to fewer nutrients being lost through shipping and storage, so you’re really getting the best of the best with these guys.
If you’re just dying to try out their superpowered beets, check out their Store Locator! It makes finding them in your area super simple.
How To Make Beet Lemonade
With a total of just six ingredients (including water, so really only five!), this beet lemonade recipe couldn’t be more straightforward!
The color from the beetroot complements the fresh green sprigs of fresh rosemary. Add a twist of lemon rind for the perfect ice-cold summer drink. Just picture taking a sip of this refreshing beet lemonade looking out your window or admiring your blossoming garden. If you’re sold on this easy beet recipe, here’s how to make it.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Beetroot juice
- Maple syrup
- Cooked beet
- Fresh rosemary and a lemon twist to serve
- Add all ingredients into a large pitcher or punch bowl and mix.
- Pour into glasses over ice. Serve with a sprig of fresh rosemary and lemon for a ‘wow, she’s got her life together’ moment.
You Will Also Need:
- Lemon juicer
- Friends who enjoy beet lemonade as much as you do
Beet Lemonade Benefits
During my time studying for a Masters in Human Nutrition, I learned about the importance of eating the rainbow and including various fresh foods of different colors in my diet.
So why not capitalize on the host of nutrients beetroot and lemon juice have to offer, including:
- Folate (Vitamin B9): important for cell growth and function. Folate is an essential nutrient if you are pregnant.
- Iron: essential for the movement of oxygen around the body. If you have periods, be sure to include good sources of iron in your diet, as you will lose iron during your monthly cycle.
- Vitamin C: helps the growth and repair of your tissues and improves your immune system. Vitamin C and iron also make a great pairing as vitamin C aids iron absorption. With this recipe, you get a double dose of vitamin C as the beet and lemon juice are packed with this popular antioxidant.
- Potassium: a terrific nutrient for heart health.
But Don’t Dentists Say To Avoid Citrus Juice!?
Feeling conflicted about the information on whether citrus juice is good and bad for your body? Here’s what you need to know.
The bad news is the acid from citrus juice can cause erosion to the enamel of your teeth. The enamel is the top surface of your teeth that protects them from damage.
The good news is that the lemon juice in this recipe is diluted with beet juice and water. Therefore, the citrus juice in this recipe is less likely to have adverse effects on your teeth compared to exposing your teeth to straight lemon juice.
Top Tips To Reduce Potential Adverse Side Effects Of Drinking Lemon Juice:
- Drink this beetroot lemonade through a straw to avoid contact with the front of your teeth.
- Don’t brush your teeth immediately after drinking this lemonade. Although it seems logical to brush away the acid from your teeth, brushing with toothpaste has the potential to cause more damage. This is because you can end up sealing in the acid between the tooth and the toothpaste. Instead, drink a cup of water.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle Love Beets Organic Beet Juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, thinly sliced
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary, to your liking.
- Combine: Add all ingredients into a large pitcher and stir until well combined.
- Enjoy: Pour over ice to enjoy a little taste of zesty beet goodness.
*Thank you, Love Beets for sponsoring this post. All information and opinions shared are my own.