This refreshing vegan pho is made with lemongrass and ginger. I have mushrooms listed as an ingredient, but if you are a mushroom hater like me, feel free to skip them. I usually add them to my hubby’s bowl. Don’t skip the lemongrass though! It adds an amazing flavor to this lemongrass pho and is a great source of manganese.
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4+ shitake mushrooms, sliced (depends how much you like mushrooms)
- 3 stalks green onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 8oz thick rice noodles (Make it as noodle-y as you like!)
- Heat oil and yellow onion slices and cook until slices are semi-translucent.
- Add water and bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, salt, lime juice, jalapeño, and mushrooms.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and rice noodles and turn off the heat.
- Serve once noodles are soft.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soup, Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Keywords: pho, lemongrass pho, easy pho recipe, vegan pho recipe