Want to take your mouth on a vacation? Cook up a pot of this plant-based tortilla soup and dive in! Slurp! This vegan tortilla soup will really make those taste buds dance, maybe even salsa.
- 8 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups great northern beans, cooked
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded & finely chopped (use less or more depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 – 1 avocado (per person, or topping)
- Corn chips (for dipping)
- In a large pot, heat oil, onion, garlic, and spices and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- When you are ready to devour, cut up avocado for topping OR use some of our Mouth-watering Guacamole instead.
- Enjoy! Make sure to dip your chips, they’re like a mini shovel for your soup!
Keywords: vegan tortilla soup, plant-based tortilla soup, easy vegan soup recipe, dairy-free tortilla soup, plant-based soup
Recipe Card powered by