- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 2 13.5 ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 – 1 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 stalks lemon grass cut length wise
- 3 – 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, minced/grated
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Rice noodles (as much as you like! Or you can skip them entirely!)
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is semi-translucent.
- Add water, bouillon, lemon grass, ginger, chili powder, black pepper, cayenne, curry powder and turmeric.
- Add in cubed potatoes and let simmer until soft (10-20 minutes).
- Add in all remaining ingredients and (optional) noodles.
- Cook until noodles are ready.
- Get ready for a little Thai vacation in your mouth!
If you love this flavorful plant-based soup you’ll probably also enjoy this vegan Lemongrass Pho!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes