- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- De-stem and de-seed red peppers.
- Cut tomatoes and red peppers in half.
- Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper and spread tomatoes and red pepper halves across baking sheet.
- Bake red peppers and tomatoes for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blend away until creamy.
- Transfer ingredients into a small sauce pan to keep warm.
- Add in garlic, basil, water, salt and ground black pepper. (If you’re using this sauce as a base for pizza, skip the water.)
- Pour over noodles or spread on pizza and enjoy!
If using this sauce for pizza, do not recommend add water. However, if you are using it over your favorite noodles adding a bit of water might be nice.
If you want to use this on a plant-based pizza, try this deliciously vegan Red Pizza recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes