Want a taste of Fall? Well, look no further. These vegan pumpkin scones will satisfy all your cozy Fall feels. They are dairy-free, egg-free, and surprisingly easy to make.
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Mix: Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add: Little by little, add in coconut oil, maple syrup, flax eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla – mixing as you go.
- Combine: Combine until you have a thick dough – do NOT over mix. I like using a pastry cutter or a spoon for this.
- Form: On a floured surface, form dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 pieces, just like you would a pizza!
- Divide: Place separated slices onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet or, better yet, a silicone baking mat.
- Bake: Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Do NOT over mix the batter. I recommend using a pastry blender or a wooden spoon to combine the ingredients or a spoon. Only mix until combined. The dough will still be lumpy, that is ok!
- Use cold pumpkin purée and solid coconut oil. Put the pumpkin purée in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or so while you combine the dry ingredients. This will ensure that it is nice and cold when you mix it into the dry ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Baked Good, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan scones, pumpkin scones, Fall scones recipe