Easy pumpkin hummus recipe that’s ready in just 15-minutes. It’s full of nutrient-dense chickpeas along with flavor-packed tahini, pumpkin, and garlic! This recipe for pumpkin hummus is the perfect dip for your next fall hang-out or winter holiday.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked + cooked (or 1 15-oz can of chickpeas, well rinsed)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2–4 cloves garlic, roasted (depending on how much you like garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (room temperature) or more for desired consistency)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt (+ more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pumpkin seeds + olive oil for garnish
- Roast the garlic. (See notes for different roasting methods.)
- Rinse: In a strainer thoroughly rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend away!
- Scoop into a bowl and drizzle olive oil on top along with pumpkin seeds or chickpeas.
- Serve with pita bread, tortilla chips, or use it as a spread on a badass veggie sandwich.
Roasting Garlic Method Options
– The first option for roasting garlic is to preheat the oven to 400°F/205°C. Peel the garlic cloves and wrap them in aluminum foil then bake for about 40 minutes.
– The second option is to peel the garlic and saute it in a small saucepan with olive oil for about 20 minutes over low/medium heat.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern Inspired
Keywords: pumpkin hummus, fall recipe, easy hummus recipe