Vegan potato leek soup is simply a hug in a bowl. Ready in 30-minutes, this leek and potato soup recipe is the perfect midweek meal. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and nutritious!
- 6 1/2 cups of water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 5 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 13.6–ounce can organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for topping
- Heat half of a cup of water in a large pot with onions, garlic, and leek. Sauté until onions are semi-translucent.
- Pour remaining water and vegetable bouillon into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer until soft.
- Blend: Turn off heat and blend with an immersion blender or use a blender. (Be careful, it’s HOT!) You can make it as creamy or as chunky as you like.
- Add (If you used a blender pour the contents back into the pot) the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer: Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Eat it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: soup, main dish, appetizer, side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan soup, dairy-free soup, dairy-free potato leek soup, creamy dairy-free soup