Looking for a new breakfast idea? This peanut butter oatmeal recipe is a winner! Made with creamy peanut butter and quick oats, these simple ingredients bring about the greatest pleasure in a bowl full of health benefits you’ll love to eat up. A nutritious breakfast doesn’t have to be bland and boring. It’s a great recipe for a quick breakfast the whole family will adore!
- 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1+ tablespoons peanut butter
- Boil water in a teapot.
- Add old-fashioned oats, maple syrup, and salt to a bowl and pour hot water over the top.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes until the oats have soaked up most of the hot water.
- Add one tablespoon of peanut butter and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle one teaspoon of peanut butter over the top and add additional toppings of your choice.
Stainless Steel Electric KettleBuy Now →
This is such a quick breakfast to make, but if you’re looking to meal prep and make more, or save it to turn into peanut butter oatmeal bars or peanut butter cookies, knowing how to store this oatmeal is important.
Fridge: Place your peanut butter oatmeal in an airtight container, and it will last up to 5 days in your fridge. Please bear in mind that it will be best the sooner you eat it.
Freeze: In your freezer, you can keep this oatmeal recipe for up to 3 months. This is a great way to stash it for other recipe usages or to simply meal prep for the week ahead.
- Prep Time: 5
- Soak Time: 5
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy vegan breakfast, quick cook oatmeal