- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil over low heat. Stir frequently until melted.
- Place liners in muffin tray(s) and pour a layer of melted chocolate in each liner. Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Remove tray(s) from freezer and divide peanut butter between cupcake liners.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes (until peanut butter is more on the solid side).
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over peanut butter layer and place in freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until hardened.
You don’t need to use exactly 2 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, it all depends on how thick you want the chocolate layers. If you want thinner layers (similar to store bought peanut butter cups) then use less chocolate. If you’re not sure what you want, feel free to heat half of the chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil first, pour the first layer of chocolate and go from there. If you have leftover melted chocolate, just make some vegan hot cocoa for the night!
I prefer the mini muffin tins for this recipe because they are just the right size. I used the regular sized muffin trays the first couple of times I made these and I couldn’t even finish one peanut butter cup!
I recommend keeping these bad boys in the fridge or freezer. I usually put them in the freezer so that they get eaten slowly…out of sight out of mind, right?
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes