Easy, 6 ingredients roasted cheesy vegan chickpea recipe. These are the perfect plant-based snack for on-the-go or staying at home.
- 6 cups chickpeas, soaked & cooked
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Rinse chickpeas and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt over chickpeas and toss thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and set aside.
- Spread chickpeas on a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20 minutes, or until crispy. (Turn the broil on for an extra 5 minutes for extra crispiness.)
- Scoop chickpeas back into the large bowl. Pour over topping (from the small bowl), tossing the chickpeas as you go.
Using canned chickpeas in lieu of freshly cooked ones works great. There are about 1.5 cups per (15 ounce) can so you would need 4 cans of chickpeas. I would recommend giving them an extra rinse.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
Keywords: easy vegan snack, crunchy roasted chickpeas, gluten-free snack, vegan cheese snack