Once I figured out how to make roasted garbanzo beans and how easy it is, I fell in love. Now, this cheesy roasted chickpea recipe is one of my go-to vegan snacks.
How to roast chickpeas
Roasting garbanzo beans in the oven is actually really easy. I prefer to use dried chickpeas that I cook ahead of time, but canned garbanzo beans work well too. I usually bake them at 400°F or 205°C for 20 minutes. Then I flip the chickpeas and bake them for another 20 minutes. However, if you want them extra crispy, you can broil them for the last 5 minutes or so.
How to use roasted Garbanzo Beans
Crispy chickpeas are great for snacking. They’re also delicious on top of your favorite salad or soup. Cheesy roasted chickpeas also add a delightful crunch to your favorite veggie bowl.
How to store roasted chickpeas
You might be wondering how to store roasted chickpeas? I recommend an airtight glass container such as a mason jar or weck jar. If they are really crispy, they will keep just fine at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. After about a week, though, I tend to move them to the fridge.
Chickpea Nutrition Facts
Chickpeas are incredibly nutrient-dense. Firstly, one cup of cooked chickpeas contains 45 grams of carbohydrates, 4.2 grams of fat, and 14.5 grams of protein. Secondly, chickpeas are a good source of thiamin, folate, and vitamin B6. Finally, they contain a good amount of several minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
More chickpea recipe love
We hope you LOVE these cheesy roasted chickpeas! They’re:
& SO versatile!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #raepublic on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, lovely!
Cheesy Roasted Chickpeas
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Rinse chickpeas and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt over chickpeas and toss thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt, 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and set aside.
- Spread chickpeas on a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20 minutes, or until crispy. (Turn the broil on for an extra 5 minutes for extra crispiness.)
- Scoop chickpeas back into the large bowl. Pour over topping (from the small bowl), tossing the chickpeas as you go.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through those links at no extra cost to you. Please read our full disclosure for more information. Thank you for supporting Raepublic.