This easy 15-minute how-to freeze peaches recipe will help you keeps fresh juicy peaches around year-round. Does it get better than that?
- 4 Peaches, sliced
- 4 cups Water
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Wash the peaches.
- Cut the peaches into slices.
- Add sliced peaches to a medium bowl.
- Pour water over peaches and the juice from one lemon (~2 tablespoons of lemon juice).
- Soak the peaches for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the peaches using a colander.
- Spread the peach slices out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 4 hours (or longer).
- Transfer the frozen peaches to a silicone freezer bag or another freezer-safe container. A quart-size freezer container should be large enough. (Sometimes, it’s easiest to use plastic zip-top freezer bags, but the silicone ones work well too. Alternatively, they do make freezer-safe glass containers as well.)
Frozen peaches are good for about 9-12 months if kept in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Freeze Time: 4 Hours
- Category: Kitchen Tips
- Method: Freeze
Keywords: how to preserve food, plant-based cooking tips