If you are wondering how to cook rice noodles, look no further! There are a few different cooking methods for dry rice noodles. They can help you make Tom Kha Gai, Mai Fun, Pad Thai, stir-fries, and all sorts of exciting dishes. Here’s the best way to make them!
- 1 Packet Stir Fry Rice Noodles
- Boil: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. (This should take about 7-minutes, depending on if you are cooking on a gas stove or electric.) (An 8-quart pan allows plenty of room for the noodles to separate.
- Turn off the stove and add rice noodles to the pot.
- Gently stir the rice noodles to ensure they are fully submerged and begin to separate.
- Cover with a lid and let the rice noodles sit in the hot water for 5-10 minutes. (Until the noodles are al dente.)
This soaking time will vary depending on the thickness and width of the rice noodle you picked. Start checking the rice noodles every 30-60 seconds at the 5-minute mark to make sure you don’t overcook them. (This would result in overly soft, mushy, and potentially sticky noodles.)
- Strain the noodles and briefly rinse with cool water.
Just like with other types of pasta, you may make more rice noodles than you intended to make. Fortunately, they keep rather well. Put them in an airtight container or zipper bag, and they’ll be good for up to 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze them, which is fantastic for meal prep or busy nights. In there, you’ll want to use them within 2 months.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Cooking How-To's
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: cooking how-to's