Roasted garlic pumpkin hummus that’s naturally vegan and gluten-free? Oh my goodness! It’s full of creamy, wintery pumpkin deliciousness! Who would have thought that pumpkin, chickpeas, and garlic would taste so delightful together?! This hummus recipe is one to add to your secret weapon list. Pull it out when you need to ‘wow’ your family and friends!
PREP TIME: 15m | TOTAL: 15m | YIELD: 2 1/2 CUPS
- 2 cups chickpeas, soaked + cooked
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 bulbs garlic, roasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a strainer thoroughly rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend away!
- Serve with pita bread, tortilla chips, or use it as a spread on a badass veggie sandwich!
When using canned chickpeas, I’d skip the salt and if you’re looking for something to pair this delicious vegan dip with check out our plant-based Pomegranate Limeade.