This easy vegan lasagna really hits the spot. It is made with plant-based ricotta cheese that is simply mouth-watering. This vegan lasagna recipe makes four personal-sized lasagnas, perfect for ensuring you get your fair share.
- 1 1/2 cup homemade Cashew Ricotta Cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 cups organic marinara sauce (any marinara sauce will do)
- 1 tablespoon chives, diced (for garnish)
- Boil: Boil water in a large pot and add noodles. Cook until al dente.
- Separate: Drain noodles, rinse in cold water, and separate them, placing them on a moist tea towel.
- Cut: Cut noodles into thirds (width-wise), making (roughly) 3 small squares out of each noodle.
- Pre-heat: Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Spoon: Spoon roughly a tablespoon of marinara sauce into the bottom of four enamel tumblers or 4 half-pint glass jars (or other cup-sized oven-safe dishes).
- Add: Add one noodle square to the tumbler, pushing it down into the bottom, and add another tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
- Spread: Spread ricotta on both sides of a piece of zucchini and on both sides of a slice of yellow summer squash, sandwich together those two pieces (creating a ‘squash sandwich’) and place in the tumbler.
- Spoon: Spoon 1 tablespoon marinara sauce on top.
- Add: Add one noodle square to the tumbler, pushing it down into the ‘squash sandwich’.
- Repeat steps 6 – 8 until the tumbler is full.
- Scoop: Dollop a teaspoon (or more) of ricotta on top and place tumblers on a cookie sheet.
- Bake: Cover the top of the tumblers with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Category: Dinner, Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan lasagna, vegan zucchini lasagna, personal sized lasagna