Easy vegan stuffing with just 20 minutes of prep. Sign me up! This vegan dressing calls for quinoa so not only does it make a great vegan side dish, it could be a meal all on its own.
- 1 loaf whole-wheat bread or your choice of bread, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- fresh rosemary
- Prepare: Lay cubed bread out on baking sheets.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C and bake bread for 5 – 10 minutes, until it starts to harden. When done, remove and scoop into a large bowl.
- Sauté onion, celery, salt, pepper, and garlic in 1/2 cup water. Once the water has cooked off, set aside.
- Prepare 2 cups water + vegetable bouillon.
- Pour 2 cups water and vegetable bouillon mixture over bread and add cooked quinoa.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon. (If it’s too wet add more bread or quinoa if it’s too dry add additional vegetable broth.)
- Spray an oven-safe baking pan with avocado or coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F/190°C for 45 minutes, then remove the foil covering.
- Continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Cool: Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Category: Side, Holiday
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan thanksgiving recipe, vegan holiday recipe, vegan stuffing, vegetarian thanksgiving dressing