Creamy carrot ginger soup that is vegan and gluten-free. This carrot soup with ginger is easy to make and ready in 30-minutes or less!
- 6 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 13–ounce cans of coconut milk
- 2 pounds of carrots, chopped (~7 cups)
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Cook: In a medium pot, heat half of a cup of water, onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Combine: Add water, vegetable bouillon, curry powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Boil: Bring to a boil.
- Add: Next, add in carrots and let simmer until carrots are soft.
- Pour: Turn heat off, pour in coconut milk, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cool: Let it cool a bit and then pour contents into a blender and blend until creamy smooth.
If you have an immersion blender, you can use that in lieu of step six.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup, Side, Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French Inspired
Keywords: carrot soup, vegan carrot soup, dairy-free carrot soup recipe