- 6 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 13-ounce cans of coconut milk
- 2 pounds of carrots, chopped (~7 cups)
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a medium pot, heat half of a cup of water, onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add in water, vegetable bouillon, curry powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Next, add in carrots and let simmer until carrots are soft.
- Turn heat off, pour in coconut milk and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let cool a bit and then pour contents into a blender and blend until creamy smooth.
If you have an immersion blender, you can use that in lieu of step six.
- Category: Soup, Side, Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French Inspired
Keywords: carrot soup, vegan carrot soup, dairy-free carrot soup recipe