What do you do when you can’t find fresh green beans or frozen green beans at the store? This easy canned green bean recipe is an excellent option to whip up a great side dish. Ready in minutes, it’s a simple way to cook canned green beans.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can of green beans (if you get unsalted, you may wish to add more salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Strain the green beans and rinse them thoroughly.
- Heat the oil, garlic, and onion over medium heat and cook until the onions are beginning to turn semi-translucent.
- Add in green beans, salt, and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes until they are hot and infused with the seasonings.
- Serve warm, and enjoy.
This recipe makes three servings, so you may not have any leftovers. If you do, they’re easy to store.
Fridge: Store the cooked, canned green beans in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Pro Tip: Store leftovers in an airtight glass container to help your food last longer.
You can reheat these leftovers on the stovetop in a matter of minutes. Alternatively, microwave for 30 seconds, and you’ll be good to go.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan side dish, easy green bean recipe