- 6 1/2 cups water + vegetable bouillon
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 jalapeño (preference)
- Avocado – as much as you like!
- In a large pot, add half of a cup of water, red onions, and garlic and cook until onions are semi-translucent.
- Add remaining water, vegetable bouillon, cumin, chill powder, salt, and black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- After 10 minutes, add in cooked black beans, and using a potato masher, mash it up!
- Add jalapeño, green onions, and bell pepper. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve it, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Appetizer, Soup
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: black bean soup, vegan black bean soup, easy black bean soup